Tuesday, January 22, 2008

...okay, so last Friday evening we finally took down the Christmas tree and decorations. That is not the reason I switched to a green font today; I think you'll catch the connection to the green as I make my way through this.
Beth made this awesome "pizza dip" for us to devour while we got the living room back to "normal" on Friday evening. Sunday evening is traditionally "leftover" night in the Kinzel home, so with Friday's work behind us, this Sunday I happily chowed down on what I thought was the last of the pizza dip.

I went on to spend the night and all day Monday dealing with my stomach (and at least one other unmentionable body part) letting me know that there was something foreign and extremely unwanted in my body. I automatically linked it to either where we had lunch on Sunday or brunch on Saturday.
This morning I happened to notice the untouched container of "pizza dip leftovers" in the fridge. It was still very early in the morning and my body was still rebounding from the "internal conflict" of the previous 36 hours but my brain was still able to make the unpleasant connection: I had not eaten the pizza dip on Sunday night. I don't know about your fridge, but there are times when ours becomes host to long-forgotten Tupperware containers and their contents. Disgusting conclusion: I had rediscovered one of those on Sunday evening.
This morning, I watched Beth and the girls eat breakfast as we tried to recall what "could have been" in that container. The "eewwwwwww!" factor grew as we remembered meals from days and then weeks ago...and still couldn't come up with anything that sounded like it could have resembled that pizza dip.
As I click this, the unpleasant reality is that I have no idea whatsoever what I ate or how long it had been lurking in the back of our fridge.

Note to self: buy a grease pencil so you can put dates and contents on all Tupperware containers
that make their way to the fridge.

2 comments:

The Biggest Cheese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Biggest Cheese said...

whoops, accedentally deleted, i said

LOL funny, try using masking tape to label them,